A parent organized group that provides support, advocacy and education for parents and caregivers of students with disabilities. Wood Ridge Parent Advocacy Network is charged under the New Jersey Special Education Code to advise the district BOE Administration on Special Education Programs and Services within the district.
Wood Ridge Parent Advocacy Network
• To ensure effective, appropriate learning environments for all of the district’s entire special needs children.
• To enhance the family-school partnership in special education and to facilitate access to services.
• To facilitate active participation and acceptance of children with special needs in the community.
• To educate, support and mentor parents as they advocate for their child’s special education needs.
• To provide opportunities for families to support each other and share information.